Like any other country, hundred different types of Visa are issued and checked by the Ministry Of Home Affairs of the Australian Government.
Depending on your requirement and the duration of stay, the visas are divided into various categories, one of which is the subclass 600, which will be discussed in detail below. If you are looking for a visa subclass 600, read on!
What Is A Subclass Visitor Visa 600?
The Visitor Visa (Class FA) (Subclass 600) allows legitimate tourist, business, and family visitors to enter Australia to visit for a limited time.
Important Pointers To Keep In Mind:-
- To submit a valid visa application, you must be in or outside of Australia.
- This visa prevents you from working or studying in Australia for longer than three months.
- Tourist, Sponsored Family, Business Visitor, Approved Destination Status, and Frequent Traveller are the five types of visas available.
- The visa subclass 600 allows you to stay in Australia for up to three, six, or twelve months.
You must meet specific requirements for the visa stream for which you are seeking.
- Must meet the requirements for a valid temporary stay.
- You must show that you have sufficient financial resources to meet the costs of your stay in Australia.
- Must meet specific Public Interest and Special Return requirements.
- You must be in good health and have a good moral character
Filing for a visa to visit a foreign country for any reason can be a baffling and intimidating process. Not only must you be ready with all documents, but you must also be fully aware of all the requirements listed by your host country.
Here is a guide to the common FAQs answered for those genuine applicants of the visitor visa 600
What Is The Duration Of A Visiting Visa?
The visiting visa often lasts till three, six, or twelve months.
What Is The Cost Of A Subclass 600 Visa?
A subclass 600 visiting visa application price ranges from AUD 145 to AUD 1065. This is dependent on the stream for which you are applying.
You can apply for the Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) online if you have a passport from one of the following countries:
- Brunei Darussalam
- Hong Kong (SAR PRC)
- Republic of Korea (South)
- United States of America
Note: You need to pay an additional AUD 20 while applying for the 601 visa application.
Which Stream Should I Apply For?
For visiting visas, there are different options:
1- Tourist Stream
You can apply for the tourist stream from anywhere in the world. If you are currently in Australia and wish to apply for a visitor visa 600, you must not have the dreaded “8503 No Further Stay” condition attached to your visa grant. The processing time has now been reduced to three months, plus or minus one month.
2- Visa Stream For Families Who Have Been Sponsored
You may be able to apply for a guest visa via the sponsored family stream if you have a relative who is at least 18 years old and is an Australian permanent resident or citizen. The average processing period for a visiting visa sponsored by a family is four months plus or minus one month.
3- Visa Stream For Business Visitors
This stream is for you if you live outside of Australia and plan to visit Australia for business purposes for a short length of time for business meetings but not to “work” there. This stream’s average processing time is usually faster than the others. You will be expected to produce proof of your journey, which may include, but is not limited to, the following criteria:
- A letter from your work explaining why you are visiting an invitation from a host organization conference registration details
- Your travel arrangements and a list of your Australian business contacts
- Copy of your most recent pay stub and a list of your professional qualifications
- Annual report, for example, can serve as proof that your company is operating.
- Evidence of previous commercial dealings with Australian companies
- Approved destination status stream
This stream is for persons who want to travel to Australia as part of a group for a short time. This can be done on your behalf by your travel agent. For more information, please contact your local travel agent based in another country.
4- Stream of frequent travelers
If you are a Chinese (Mainland) passport holder who travels to Australia frequently for work or pleasure, you may want to consider the frequent traveler stream, which can be granted for up to ten years and allows you to remain for up to three months each time you arrive.
What Are The Concerns About Health And Personality?
It is natural to fear the exemptions made by any country on tourists or immigrants based on health or personality concerns, most notably a criminal record.
If you are concerned with any issue, it is best to talk to a certified migration agent in Perth or check the guidelines provided by the Australian Government.
How Can I Apply For An Australian Tourist Visa?
Visitor visas can be applied for without any assistance online through an online portal called the Immi Account. In most situations, you won’t even need the help of a migration lawyer or a migration agent Perth.
You should be aware that a tourist visa can be sought for in most situations both outside of Australia (offshore) and inside Australia (in limited cases) (onshore).
What Is The Minimum Bank Balance For An Australian Tourist Visa?
To apply for a guest visa, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a genuine entrant temporarily
- Have enough resources to help you
- Meet the Public Interest Criteria in Australia
- You must meet the return cricteria
When applying for a visiting visa, you do not need to bring any set amount of money. The case officer may look for evidence including but not limited to:
- Bank statements and passbooks showing the consistent history of saving money
- Purchased air tickets.
- Available credit card fund
- letters from banks and other financial organizations relating to the applicant’s financial situation or access to another person’s cash
Note that cash and traveler’s checks are not accepted as proof of funds. You’ll have to show that you “own” the money.
Suppose a family member or friend invites you, and they are boring your expenses for staying in Australia. In that case, you must provide a letter written by the supporting person.
If you are looking to get a visa to visit Australia as a tourist, then the tourist visa 600, the subdivision of the Visa subclass 600, will do the job for you. Whatever be your reason for visiting the country, getting a visa is a necessity.
While most people get their visa done from a certified visa agent for its added perks of knowing the guidelines issued by the visa consultant in Perth, not everyone can have the capacity to do so.
As we live in a world of the Internet, no information is saturated into a single section anymore, and it is logical to make the best use of the facilities we get. You can also get in touch with a professional visa agent for the right information.