HP printers can be used to print many documents quickly and efficiently. Some users have issues with the printer after using it for long periods. The HP printer’s inability to print correctly is one of its significant problems. The printers also fail to print black ink, which is a major problem. It is normal to look for solutions when such an issue filter failed HP printer occurs. This article will show you how to make your HP printer work again.
How can I resolve the HP printer, not printing problem?
This Issue can be solved in many different ways. Continue reading to learn more, and then follow the steps below.
If your HP printer isn’t printing as it should, you can do some basic troubleshooting. Check the connection status between the printer and your system. Verify that all devices are correctly connected. Verify that the network or cable used to connect these devices is safe.
You can also restart the printer. Please turn it off first and then take out the power cord. For a while, leave the printer alone. Turn on the printer by plugging the power cord in again. Check if the printer prints fine.
Clear clogged printheads
Most HP printer users complain about problems printing. Clogged printhead nozzles are the cause of this problem. You can clean the printhead several times. The menu under ‘Printer maintenance’ can be accessed via the Control Panel. You can choose either Deep Cleaning or Clean Printhead. The printer’s manual contains detailed information about cleaning the printhead.
Make your HP printer the default.
Your system will automatically assign a task to the default printer if you try to print a page. The document may not be printed if HP doesn’t select the default printer. These steps will help you select the default printer.
- To launch the “Run” dialogue, press the R and the Window logo keys on your keyboard.
- Tap Enter and type Control. The Control Panel will be launched.
- Select ‘Devices & Printers
- Right-tap on the HP printer to open the section ‘Printers’. Select ‘Set as the default printer if prompted.
- Under your HP printer’s icon, you will see a tick. This indicates that the printer has been set to default.
Start the printer troubleshooter.
Windows 10 users can access the printer troubleshooter if the printer is not printing correctly. Follow the next steps.
- Select ‘Printers & scanners.’
- Select ‘Troubleshoot printer.’ Tap on ‘Run troubleshooter.
- Select the printer model you want from the window.
- Click the button “Next” to resolve your problem with the troubleshooter.
This is also an excellent solution for people complaining about printers not printing black ink.
Cancel every print job
You might be able to complain about your printer’s inability to print black if it has a stuck print queue. The printer may stop working if it has print jobs that have failed. To ensure your printer works properly, you must clear all print jobs.
- Launch “Devices & Printers.”
- Right-tap your HP printer in the ‘Printers” section and select ‘See what is printing
- Open the ‘Printer” menu and select ‘Open As Administrator
- Start the “Printer” menu again.
- Choose ‘Cancel All Documents.’
- “Confirm” your action. Verify that the printer is working correctly.
Repair the problem with the HP Print and Scan Doctor
The HP Print and Scan Doctor can help you resolve the HP printer not printing black problem. Follow the steps below to download and install its setup wizard:
- Click ‘HPPS.dr.exe to install the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- To choose your HP printer model, click ‘Start’. Next, click ‘Next.’
- Select the option of “Fix Printing.”
- The software will display icons for wrenches. This indicates that the software has fixed something. Close the HP Print and Scan Doctor when this happens.
- Print again
- Alternatively, you may also see an X icon. If this happens, you can continue troubleshooting and follow its instructions for resolving your Issue.
Check the status of your printer.
This method might help if you’ve tried all the above but still haven’t found the problem. You should check for hardware problems if your printer is not printing correctly.
Check that you have enough ink and paper for your printer. You should ensure that it does not become stuck in a paper jam. If your printer cartridge is not working correctly, check its status and replace it with a new one. If your HP printer suddenly stops working, you may need to replace its parts. You will need to replace the parts and check if the problem is solved.
Use the System File Checker to scan.
System File Checker, or SFC, is an essential feature in Windows. It scans all system files and repairs any that are missing or corrupted. This scan can also fix the issue with the HP printer, not printing black. Follow the below instructions to run this scan.
- Click the Windows logo key. Then input cmd.
- Now, right-tap the ‘Command Prompt.
- Tap’ Rus as administrator.’
- When prompted, tap ‘Yes’ to confirm. Next, enter SFC/scan now into the Command Prompt window. Next, click ‘Enter. It may take a while for the System File Checker (if it detects any) to replace corrupted or outdated system files with new ones. This is where patience is essential.
- Once the System File Checker has completed its job, restart your computer. This will enable the changes to take effect.
- Check the printer’s performance.
Do not install third-party ink cartridges.
If you want to avoid problems with your HP printer’s operation, ensure you only use original HP cartridges. Many people use third-party ink cartridges. They don’t work with HP printers. The printer will not print black if you replace the third-party cartridge with an official HP cartridge.
Visit the HP website to find genuine cartridges. To find compatible cartridges, enter your printer model into the search box.
You can do many things to fix your HP printer’s not printing Issue. You can start by doing some basic troubleshooting. Also, you can clean the printhead nozzles to check if the printer is printing black pages. This is an easy way to fix the problem. Windows 10 users can use the printer troubleshooter for any possible issues. If the problem persists, contact HP Printer Support.