We are a leading rooflight company in the UK, supplying skylights & rooflights to domestic and commercial customers. With more than 20 years of experience, we have become experts in our field. We can help with any enquiries you may have and provide expert advice.
What is a Rooflight?
A rooflight is a type of window that is installed in the roof of a building. Rooflights are a great way to let natural light into your home or office, and they can also be used to ventilate your space. If you’re looking for expert advice on rooflights, contact our team today.
Types of skylights & Rooflights
When it comes to rooflights, there are a few different types that you can choose from. Depending on your needs, one type may be better suited for you than another. Here is a quick rundown of the most popular types of skylights & rooflights so that you can make an informed decision about which one is right for your home or business.
- Skylights: Skylights are a great way to let natural light into your home or office. They are installed in the ceiling and have a glass pane that allows sunlight to enter the room. Skylights can be fixed or operable, meaning that they can be opened to allow ventilation.
- Solar Tubes: Solar tubes are another option for letting natural light into your space. They are installed in the ceiling and have a reflective tube that directs sunlight into the room. Solar tubes are usually smaller than skylights and can be a great option if you don’t want a large hole in your ceiling.
- Tubular Daylighting Devices (TDDs): TDDs are similar to solar tubes, but they are longer and can provide more light to a larger area. TDDs are often used in commercial spaces such as schools and office buildings.
There are three types of glass rooflights: clear, translucent, and opaque. Clear rooflights are the most popular type because they allow the most natural light into the home. Translucent rooflights are also popular because they provide privacy while still letting in some natural light. Opaque rooflights are the least popular type because they don’t allow any natural light into the home.
What are the Benefits of a Rooflight?
A rooflight can be a great addition to any home. Not only does it provide extra natural light, but it can also help to improve ventilation and airflow. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the key benefits of rooflights so that you can decide if they’re right for your home.
- Improved Natural Light
One of the most obvious benefits of a rooflight is the extra natural light it can bring into your home. If you live in a dark or poorly lit area, a rooflight can make a huge difference to the overall brightness of your property. This can be great for both your mental and physical health, as natural light has been shown to improve moods and increase energy levels.
- Better Ventilation
Another benefit of rooflights is that they can help to improve the ventilation in your home. This is because they allow hot air to rise and escape, while also drawing in fresh air from outside. This can help to reduce stuffiness in your property and create a more comfortable living environment.
- Reduced Energy Bills
Installing a rooflight can also help to reduce your energy bills. This is because they allow you to take advantage of free solar heat gain, which
How to Choose the Right Type of Rooflight
When it comes to choosing the right rooflight for your home, there are many factors to consider. But with so many options on the market, how do you know which one is right for you? Here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect skylights & rooflights for your home.
- Decide what type of rooflight you need. There are three main types of rooflights: ventilation, skylight, and sunroom. Ventilation rooflights are designed to allow air to circulate in your attic, while skylights provide natural light and can help reduce energy costs. Sunrooms are enclosed spaces that let in natural light and can be used as an extra living space.
- Consider the size of your opening. The size of your opening will dictate the size of the rooflight you need. Make sure to measure the width and height of your opening before shopping for a rooflight.
- Choose a material that will complement your home’s style. Rooflights are available in a variety of materials, including wood, aluminum, steel, and fiberglass. Choose a material that will complement the style of your home and match the other exterior elements.
Contact Us for Expert Advice on Your Next Project
When it comes to rooflights, there are a lot of options out there. That’s why it’s important to consult with an expert before making a decision on your next project. Here at skylights & rooflights, we have a team of experts who are ready to help you with all your rooflight needs. Whether you’re looking for advice on installation, repair, or replacement, we can help. Contact us today and let us know how we can help you with your next rooflight project.